Saturday, April 29, 2006

Garden and Hearth.

Last spring I had a couple of slow months (construction is a rather seasonal occupation) and tried several online content writing gigs. It was amusing but didn't pay terribly well. Anyhow, I got to be the paint & wallpaper "editor" of gardenandhearth.com - a home arts website. I'll get a portion of the ad revenue forever, I guess. Which amounts to enough to half-fill the gas tank in my pickup every month or so...I also keep the rights to whatever I write, for what that's worth.
Sheesh, I haven't contributed anything there since last summer. My contract with them called for 11 articles; I wrote them 17 so I've fulfilled it, I guess. Every now and then they send me popular search terms, in case I want to spit out another one. Apparently "removing wallpaper" is a hot topic.
I'm rather gratified to see that googling various relevant terms brings my articles up on the first page or two, which means I've inserted plenty of good keywords.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home