Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ho hum!

I haven't posted lately because a: I haven't done any cool, photo-worthy jobs lately and b: I have not had any pithy insights to write about.
I have two upcoming jobs I'm really looking forward to, though. A McMansion with lots of dramatic colors and humungous rooms. At first they didn't think they could afford it, but I got a call yesterday and they've decided to go ahead with the whole thing. Yay! And another, absolutely gorgeous and very luxe older mansion-y type house. I put in a bid and did not hear back so I figured it was too high. Which, you know, is fine because one doesn't want to be the low bidder all the time. I don't mind at all losing a job because I've been underbid, unless I was really looking forward to doing it because it would be fun.
Anyhow, heard back yesterday and yes, I'll be doing it. The entire house is going through an extensive remodel - the homeowners moved out last March while it is all being done. They've already fired two, maybe three, painters on the job so hint hint to self, these are very demanding clients! Fine by me, it will keep me on my toes.
Today I get to go sand walls I completely resurfaced. Oh joy. I just love get about 3 lbs of drywall dust up my nose. But they are lovely people, and a nice, solid 1960s house.

6 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i bet that is fun..where the owners are more challanging then the job itself..good luck..

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous painting service said...

The color is indeed refreshing. It brings warm and cozy feeling to the room.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Maureen Grace said...

cool

 

Post a Comment

<< Home