Friday, March 02, 2007

Slow time of year....


This is a picture of me taking an afternoon nap. Ha ha!
Actually it's Sleeping Venus by Simon Vouet.

No matter how busy I am the rest of the year, and always right through December and January, work slows down to a trickle Feb-March. Every. Single. Year.
Well, most construction type work is seasonal, anyhow. And I think there's momentum from "getting the house ready for the holidays" and then "it's a new year, let's repaint the living room like we've been promising ourselves for ages." Then, holiday bills start coming in. Taxes are due soon - or, people are waiting for tax money back. It gets very cold, and people don't want to deal with paint smell when you can't open up the house to air out.
So, I do more dog classes, work on my own house, generally hang out and play, and take care of the work that does come in. Times are tough and I got seriously underbid on two substantial jobs recently, dammit.
More time to play and more afternoon naps! :)


9 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger BBC said...

I finished my last big painting job last fall, now I'm learning to say no when people call.

It's a bit warmer today, soon I can start working on the camper project again and I'm spending more time at the beaches and mountains this summer.

This summer is MINE !!!!!!

I've done my last big paint job. Well, I might paint my place.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger BBC said...

Hand over all the peanut butter ice cream and no one gets hurt. :-)

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look so restful in the photo!!!!
So now with the work slowed some you can look like that every afternoon. I envy you. I have been working overtime for the past 4 months. Oh well, glad to have a job. How is Pedro?

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Scott said...

I wish I had a slow down, after no xmas slow down, I think I may have to go back to Mexico before summer season starts.......Poor Me !! :-P

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I see a great tv ad for you...

'Want a job done fast?...hire a man..
Want a job done well?...hire a woman.'..then your name information.
You'll either get lots of work or lots of lesbian mail...
more time with the pets how great is that...?

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I knew she looked familiar. HA! Hope things pick up with the painting biz but let's face it, every once and awhile it's nice get a nap.

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Carina said...

Yes peeps - naps are great! :)
However, I had a flurry of calls over the weekend and it looks like my dance card is completely filled for the next month.
Drat, and yay both!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Great news on the recent calls for work!! That's a move in the right direction.

RYC: There won't be a BoA Rant - Part Deux. . . I won in the first round. . . Seems I got someone's attention. . . I'm closing the account next week. . . weenies!!

I'm with bbc. . . Hand over the peanut butter ice cream dammit!!. . . Who makes it?? It sounds divine!!!

Love ya!!

HUGGSS!! to the pooches. . .

 
At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see from the photo that painting doesn't necessarily make you too thin.

Signed Tabor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home