Monday, January 08, 2007

Getting somewhere.

Some improvements to compare to the previous before photos. The blue room with fishies and waves, all beige. The 30 year old wallpaper over puke green paint, all gone. The beams and panelling, all gone and in a big ass pile in the back yard. Lisa helped rip it all down, that was rather fun. In the picture that's just the prime coat, and the trim all has to go back up.
Then I taped and floated and sanded and floated and sanded and....oh did I mention I SUCK at drywall finishing? I don't do it often enough to get good at it; there's a real art to making beautiful smooth walls with no gaps or wrinkles in the tape lines. Well, it comes out OK but I have to do about four times the work because of all the re-patching and fixing to get it right. In retrospect I should've just subbed that part out, but I don't really know any drywall people out here.
Every time Cooper lies down he leaves a little pile of drywall dust. I need to vacuum him! He has not had a bath since...March 2004. We are doing a big 3 day dog show in a couple of weeks, maybe I'll actually get him groomed. But he sure enjoys coming to work with the boss.





7 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Scott said...

I think "demo" is my favorite part of any job......It's just so cathartic! I have the same feeling about taping and mudding drywall. I was forced into it a couple years ago, when took a job for a little old lady whose rental property was turned into a grow-op. The ceiling caved in, and every wall had at least 2 or 3 2ft by 2ft holes/rotted areas in it. I learned very quick how to skim-coat, tape, and board. I used 4 pails of mud on the place. I'm such a sucker for little helpless old ladies....!

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Well, I may invite you down here to "SUCK at drywall finishing" in my garage. . . It has to be better than MY sucking at it LOL!! From what I can see, the homeowner is going to be very pleased with the final product, "chickie".

Cooper looks like he enjoys supervising Mom on her work. If you get him to roll around a bit, you can take a lot of that mud dust outside and just hose him off. . . LOL!! The "New, Improved Doggie Duster!!!" I can feel a 4:00 AM Infomercial in the making!!!

Hope all is well. . .

HUGGSS!!

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Well, I submitted a post, but Blogger ate it. . .

In a nutshell, c'mon down here and "suck" at drywall finishing in my garage. . . Have Cooper roll around and then take him outside and hose off the drywall dust. . . The "New, Improved Doggie Duster." I'll get up at 5 AM Sundays just to watch it on HGTV LOL!!!

Love ya!!

HUGGSS!!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Well, I submitted a post, but Blogger ate it. . .

In a nutshell, c'mon down here and "suck" at drywall finishing in my garage. . . Have Cooper roll around and then take him outside and hose off the drywall dust. . . The "New, Improved Doggie Duster." I'll get up at 5 AM Sundays just to watch it on HGTV LOL!!!

Love ya!!

HUGGSS!!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Oh lovely!! Blogger didn't eat it after all!!! Sorry about the tripple post. . .

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

cooper looks like he 'could give a shit'...i like that dog..

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Hiya!! I guess we both need to get around to some new posts. . . At least you can offer up up cute pet pics. . . My cat just eats, sleeps and craps. . .

Love ya!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home