Monday, July 31, 2006

Re-upped my gardenandhearth.com contract.

Last spring, during a slow month I started doing web content writing - fairly brainless stuff, mostly for the now defunct pagewise. Wrote keyword-rich 500 word articles on everything from aquatic cars to pest control in Texas. Paid $15 per article - really easy money for sitting on my butt at home. I could make $30 drinking coffee first thing in the morning, then go to work. Too bad pagewise folded or I'd probably still write for them, it was fun.
Somewhere in there, I became contributing editor at this painting and wallpapering micro-site for gardenandhearth. Overall, G&H is a pretty good site. Most articles are well written; many of the contributing editors are freelance writers and knowlegable about their subject.
Anyhow, to my surprise the monthly checks kept coming. I retain rights to everthing published; the revenue comes from ad clicks. I'm only talking about enough to fill my gas tank about 1/2 full once a month mind you! But still, considering each article took less than an hour to write. So, I just renewed the contract with them and the new terms will net me maybe a full tank plus a Starbucks quad grande caramel sauce latte each month and all I have to do is write five more articles in the next five months.
I just sent them one on removing wallpaper, four more to go.

6 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

well good for you...great idea and money is money..every little bit helps.

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Carina said...

Oh sure! I've been getting little checks from them since June 2005, it sort of feels like free money.
If I had about 100 "micro-sites" generating little monthly checks I wouldn't have to go out and work for a living. :)

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

Gee, with gas at $100 a gallon let me in on this deal. I can write about anything!

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! 

Why do dogs eat their poop? One reason dogs eat their poop is because it just plain taste
good. Another reason is it could be a vitamin deficiency. One other reason for the poop
eating is that it is an instinctual behavior in the wild to eat the poop to keep other predators
from tracking their movements.

Some solutions for stopping poop eating are: You can put meat tenderizer on it.

What do you think?

By the way, I love that too!  Where did you get that at?  

Bye, bye - Wendy! 




how I make money with paid surveys

 
At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! zoloft The prozone air purifier Proactiv customer testimonials http://www.bingo-game-9.info http://www.full-color-business-cards-5.info Bump on head hair loss Divorce lawyer washington Beach voyeur picture mens coats http://www.africa-travel-6.info How long is the liposuction procedure

 
At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I own a laptop I own an iPhone Laptops wifi card wont work Wondering how to tether LEGALLY my paid for wifi from verizon in my home from my wireless router.
[url=http://talkweightloss.com/showthread.php?p=426172#post426172]unlock iphone[/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home