Friday, July 14, 2006

Would you laugh or cry?



Or give the little darlings away to gypsies? Send them to art school? Or smack whoever left paint accessible to the kids?
Oops.
Years ago, I left a bunch of paint, different colors, stashed outside a house, behind a garden shed for the weekend. I didn't know the homeowners were giving their son a birthday party. With lots and lots of other three year olds. Inquisitive ones. Active - fueled no doubt by birthday cake. Who figured out how to open a can of blue paint all by themselves...
You have no idea how far half a gallon of blue paint will go when it's being tracked through a back yard by an unruly gang of toddlers. Much further than the 350 square feet coverage noted on the label!
Luckily, the parents were free spirits who thought it was great their wee darlings had such a creative time. I about died when I showed up on Monday - flagstones, grass, trees, a picnic bench - everything daubed, spattered and smeared with paint.
I've learned since then to be much, much more careful about where I leave paint, and not to underestimate the ingenuity of toddlers.

11 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the second time I've come to your blog through blogmad. The picture of your kids is hilariously funny. I would definately only cry from laughing.

Cheers on a great memorable photo ;)

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Those aren't your kids are they?

As far as this goes picture goes, I simply can't have kids. They would be given away promptly after such an incident.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Carina said...

Thanks for visiting, vanesica! I'll need to check out your place too. :)
But - those aren't my kids (I don't have any) and if they were, I'd...I'd....give them to Ricardo. LOL.
I have Rottweilers instead, they are much more sensible. And cheaper to raise.
Ricardo you might like them better if they were painted another color - forest green, perhaps?

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

No I'd still trade them in ;-)

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Mike V. said...

blogmad hit!

love that photo. :)

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Carina said...

Thanks Mike! Back atcha. :)

OK Ricardo, I am guessing your fish wouldn't try pulling that crap so I don't blame you.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh but if they did!!! 30 seconds under a hot lamp as punishment!!!!! And now that I think of it, those are my kids.

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I am afraid I got really depressed seeing this photo...I just moved into the new house, remember? I absolutely love children, but would have to lock myself away for an hour until I calmed down.

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home