Monday, September 04, 2006

Name your very own subdivision.

Say you built a subdivision - but what, oh what, to name the darn thing? Rural, yet refined. Rustic - but with the necessary soupcon of witty je ne c'est quoi. A name to evoke Estates. Landing. Mansions (though never so crude as to actually say so, perish the thort.) Hollows - a touch of olde world hobbit charm, evoking English village quaintness, supersized for today's world with a three-car garage? The ever-popular Pointe. When you add the "e" on the end to make it sound British, you get to add 10% to the asking price.
But enough speculation!
Use the handy-dandy subdivision name generator and name 25 subs in one fell swoop!

9 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger Karen said...

How 'bout Dogwood Circle Point!?! :-)

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Carina said...

I love it!!!!
But if you make it "Pointe" with an "e", you can charge more. :)

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Love the site, nice to see another painter who actually cares about the work they do! I enjoy seeing the pics, I'm trying to get my blog up and running with pics, but there's just so little time!!!

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger Carina said...

Hey Scott - another painting blog!! Cool, I saved yours, you do some fun big stuff. Too funny about your big-ass wall, I just did an entry about a big-ass barn a little bit ago.
I no longer have a crew, just an occasional helper, so I do smaller jobs & no new builds...it's much more relaxing although I've been horrendously busy and sometimes it's easier to actually paint things than to write about it. :)

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Karen said...

then *e* it is! :-)

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Pointe!

Ha! I about died when the sad little bedroom community formerly known as East Detroit decided to borrow some cache from Grosse Pointe.

East Pointe.

What a laugh. STILL a sad little bedroom community - What a difference a name does not make!

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

How about "Three Downed Tulip Poplars at Road's End." That was what I was thinking as I drove back to my new house after the storm on the weekend.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

rural redneck roost?

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great question. I had a friend whose parents were developers and they would name the new streets after her and her two sisters. You're right about that magic "E" on the end of words. It makes everything so much more, I don't know, refined.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home