Sunday, October 29, 2006

I am not real smart but I can lift heavy things.



I moved this bed, and all the furniture in this room, away from the walls, and then back when I was done painting.
One thning I have discovered in all these years of physical-type work: with proper technique, it is possible for a 140lb woman to move 500lb beds, great big entertainment centers, 32' extension ladders and other very heavy, unwieldy things.
I have moved things back in place that the guy in the house had to get his brother in law and neighbor over to help him with. (I do this just because I get a kick out of it, even though they said "don't worry, we'll move that stuff back.") Bwahahaha.
I'm strong, but it's more how you lift things than brute force. Become one with the 500lb bed, find its balance points and just move it. Quite easy, really.
Maybe when I get my new teeth completed I'll try pulling tugboats across rivers with my teeth. Hmmmm.

6 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get that at all. Do you have a magic tool or a special hand truck? I understand balance, but not sliding huge pieces of furniture.

Good job bartering for the dental work by the way.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Arg!!!......you're making me feel all useless and lazy......I always get my helpers to move everything.... :-)

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

im the same way..although i wish i havent when i get thru..after 5 back surgeries..it smarts..when i worked at paint store if some one carried 2 cases of paint..i carried 3..never could let them think i was less then they were or they would have ate me alive...

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Carina said...

Technobabe, you just have to convince the heavy thing to move with you is all. *BG*

Scott, trust me, when I have helpers, they do it. Including anything I don't want to do. I mostly work by myself though and am too macho to ask the man of the house to do it for me. LOL.

yg - There ya go! But you gotta take care of your back so don't do that any more. :)

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

"Become one with the 500lb bed, find its balance points and just move it."

I totally get it. Yep.

Around here, I don't have to do the solo stuff so much. Which is good. A body needs to be fairly fit to be used as a fulcrum point. And fit is not what I am these days!

As always, you rock!

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Carina said...

Jenn - poke, poke! We need more garden reports. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home