Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Guess what, I painted some more stuff last week.






This is always a really busy time of year. I think some people meant to get around to having stuff done, then the whole summer zips by the way it does, and the "better get it done before the holidays" kicks in.
So anyhow, I had the audacity to go away for a fun weekend, which means I got a bit behind, which means I am playing catch-up now and juggling several jobs & no time off in the foreseeable future, dammit. I haven't had time to get caught up with email and my favourite blogs - I'm looking forward to sitting down for a cozy evening online tonight! I also have dog class three nights a week so right now seems like I'm always running hither and yon.
I remember when pretty much everything I painted was various shades of beige and white. Over the last ten years, more and more people are choosing strong colors and it's much more fun for me!
This morning I am going to bid a job....one of them is a dentist. I LOVE trading. The right side of my mouth has about $5000 worth of dental work. Growing up in Europe and the Mediterranean, most dentists would yank out bad teeth instead of filling them. Consequently, I had lots of missing molars so I have some lovely fixed bridges and implants, which aren't cheap but I traded for every penny. I have three more to go on the left side, then I'll have a mouthful of beautiful teeth again. (No, I wasn't toothless, they were all back teeth!)
Anyhow I am told these folks are open to trading so cross your fingers....

5 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I have noticed that the colors are getting more intense on house walls. I am waiting for the pastels to kick in and that will probably be in two or more years. Then we will move back to shades of white.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i love all the bold colors..i want to do one wall in my bedroom that deep dark red..ox blood red is one name of a color i liked...either one wall or the bottom 3/4 and the ceiling and top 1/4 a creamy white..i have the old house with tall 10 foot walls..and there is a trim edge about at the 8 foot range..still thinking..have to clean the walls first...
hope you get to trade for your teeth..that would be cool...

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Karen said...

still can't get used to the bold colors, but they're working on me.

great way to get your teeth fixed!

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some awesome colors. I really like color. And those are happy colors!

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Carina said...

Thanks all - I wish I got more "after" photos when the rooms are put back together...yes, they are fun. Tabor - ignore trends; if you want pastel or white, just do it. :)
Jackie Sue...love older houses and red is always fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home