Thursday, September 21, 2006

Being silly!



The kids got a kick out of this - it's hard to tell but the thing on the right is a dog lifting his leg and peeing. Years ago when I had a crew, I got the contract to paint several assisted living and nursing homes. We had fun taking requests from the residents and painting bizarre images on the walls before covering them up!
I remember also painting an apartment where an elderly man with I think schizophrenia lived. We had an interesting conversation while I worked. Among other things he believed Nazis had hidden listening devices in his walls so he didn't speak much. Instead, he wrote down his thoughts. On his walls. ALL over his walls. They were almost entirely covered with writing - quite strange and poetic. I had to prime all the walls to keep the ink from bleeding through and felt badly about covering it all up but he didn't seem to mind.



And here is the wall, quite sensibly covered up!

4 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous color. I remember when I was a kid and my mom was going to have the house painted, she let us write all over the walls. No wild thoughts or poetry, but fun anyway.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i like the color but please tell me tht blue satin couch isnt staying...

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Carina said...

Ha! Couch is going into the basement, they've ordered new furniture.

Rhea - my mom let us do that too except she never painted over it. :)

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Doggy looks like he misses his friend on the wall!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home