Thursday, October 19, 2006

Woo hoo, I'm gonna get new teeth.



Told the dentist folks $750 for the master bedroom and bath....turns out, that's what he charges per crown. I need three crowns, then my mouth is all fixed up. I had the bone grafting (ouch, and bloody expensive too) and titanium studs put in two years ago. I never made the commitment to spend more money on the crowns - it was important to get the bone graft done. With missing teeth you start losing bone bone eventually, which over time can actually change the shape of your face! and the studs are way in the back, you can't see them. I kept hoping to run into a dentist who would trade....my regular dentist doesn't need painting.
And now I have, yippee. He said as long as we're trading, they need more painting done so hopefully I will get it done for "free." Well, I will pay for the paint, but that's no big deal. As busy as I am, it won't affect cash flow to not get paid money for working, and I'd much rather get these teeth finally done!
PS, the photo is not me, it's from this strange site.

5 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

that is terrific...i have lost several back teeth (one on each side)and it has already changed the shape of my face..glad you are getting it done..
pi...oh i am very interested in pi...got started when i read da vinci code...very very strange..

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Karen said...

great! dental prevention is very important. love your trade offer with the dentist! i've been fortunate enough over the years to have GM insurance which is a good thing since i had several teeth pulled in my late teens and early twenties before i was married. so, crowns and false teeth i have plenty of. even with insurance, the cost is high but i'm not complaining.

btw, Garrison Keillor will be at the Whiting on the 24th!! There still might be tickets available!!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

Aren't you the granola girl in the land of wall street. I will bet you will feel so much better over all after it is done.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you. I'd be their painter for life in exchange for some new teeth!

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Carina said...

jackie sue...it really can change the shape of your face!

Karen - I have friends with that awesome GM insurance (soon to be a thing of the past) and I am jealous.

Tabor - LOL. Guess I am! Whatever works. :)

Ricardo - no way you need that much dental work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home