Saturday, November 11, 2006

Green paint, anyone?





Not frantically interesting photos really...but it's my painting blog, so there!
Definitely a big improvement from the off white "builder paint."

I always leave "touch-up" paint behind....usually in the original container, all neatly labelled. However I still wind up with lots of bits and bobs of leftover paint. Test quarts, remnants from my mixing custom colors on the job and winding up with over a gallon left over, primers and whites, whatever. Earlier this week I moved all the year's paint from my outside shed to my basement for winter. Somehow, over the year I've managed to accumulate about 5 gallons of variously sage-green colored interior satin.
I've given paint away on freecycle.org before. Maybe it's time to thin the herd...

7 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does paint 'keep' indefinitely? 'Cause I have lots of leftover paint from various projects over the years.

 
At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a generous gal. How nice of you to share. I really like to see the photos of the different paint jobs. In a little condo a few years ago, I painted one living room wall with beige and cream stripes, really liked it while I was there. Lived there nine years so I got to enjoy the color combo that long. I'm sure if I had known you and you lived close enough you would have done a much better job.

Have a wonderful weekend, Carina.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Lauren said...

I give my leftover paint and the occasional unused "What was I thinking" gallon to Motor City Blightbusters. It's a right off and they always appreciate the donation. In fact, I have a couple of nearly full cans in the garage now.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Temmmpting, miss. Very tempting. I am actually getting ready to paint my 'guest' room a sage green.

But I just also bought a sage green comforter, and you know how badly greens can clash!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

So what are the most popular colors this year?

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i love that green...i had a bed room in a color pretty close to that with grass cloth on one wall and all trimmed in white...im still looking for the right color of deep red for my bedroom...ox blood is as close to getting what i want.but still not quite right..i couldnt live in a house with stripes...
you could donate the paint to schools to for kids to use in drama or arts and crafts...

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Sent you an email. I'm interested in some of that green paint.

I'm only about 45 minutes from you, I think.

Be great fun to meet the pups!

Email me back!?
Hogglebog
Gmail

 

Post a Comment

<< Home