Wednesday, November 08, 2006

This, that & oh shit.



I haven't been taking any stunningly interesting photos of recent painting endeavors. This is Jessie, who is owned by the lovely folks in a house I'm painting right now.
The oh shit part: Was painting a large house, tons and tons of new woodwork, lots of work. The owners' son's business isn't doing so well apparently and he needs money. So they decided to let him finish all the painting (he has some experience) and I got booted. Damn! That was going to be a big chunk of holiday money.
Luckily I am getting calls for other jobs, but most of them are smallish. Ah well. Work slows way down in the first few months of the year but there's always enough to keep me going.
I talked to a painter at the paint store the other day, he said most of the summer he's only been getting 25-30 hours of work every week. I've been kicking ass all summer, I guess it could be worse!

5 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i love great danes...and the reason you been busting your ass all summer is because your the best....and you vote..

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Carina said...

:) thanks!
That dog is a moose, LOL.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Carina. . . I love your work!! I'm a fairly decent painter (my perspective), but I'm painfully slow at it. My results are also inconsistent. My condo was my first real "clean sheet of paper" and I'm fairly happy with the outcome, but then I can see all the flaws.

And yes, that dog is HUGE!!

See ya!!

HUGGSS!!

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Karen said...

doggie barely fits in the chair which makes her/him verrrrry cute.

if i ever need a painter, i now know who to contact! :+)

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger Carina said...

Lauren - thanks! I shudder to think what horrid work people actually paid me for when I started doing it. 27 years of doing this...wel if I don't do a decent job by now I need to reconsider my line of work LOL.

Karen, you sure do. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home