Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Tabor asked what the current popular colors are.
Hmmmm. Blue based reds (burgundys, like Sherwin Williams "Fine Wine" which I painted so much for two years I was really getting sick of it) have given way to more terracotta type colors. Even orange.
Seems I've been doing more greens - not forest (sooo late 1980s) but sage, celery, spring greens.
Various shades of taupe and beige are pretty much perennials, though I notice people choosing darker shades than days of yore.
I know color fashion and trend is huge business - not just paint, but cars, fashions, technology...I will have to do a little research. There are marketing firms who work very hard at predicting future color trends so they can paint various consumer goods the color that will get the most bang for the buck!

5 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I love color! :+)

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

me too..i love color...white makes me want to scream...

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Yes, the darker earthtones seem to be making a comeback (think early 70s with more class).

I did my dining room in almost the same sage you used. I also used yellows in my living room and kitchen and an "off-off" white in the bedroom (hard to describe).

I love the more natural colors and I'm not afraid to make a mistake. Hell, it's only a few dollars worth of paint and my time (I have no life LOL!). Thus my previous comment about the "What was I thinking" selections I donate. . .

BTW: I have a good friend who is looking for a painting contractor. I know you are north of me, but would this be too far to go (think just south of Motown) for a nice Condo job?

You did say to; Ask the painting contracor chickie. . . .

LATERZ!

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Carina said...

Lauren...well it's a bit of a haul but sure! I've done jobs in Grosse Pointe and out in east Macombe county. You (or your friend) can email me at travelling.paws@gmail.com & I'll give you my phone number.

Yes, it's more fun for me painting all sorts of different colors, I remember when people were brave just doing a darker beige!

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

Many of the colors you mentioned are what I am leaning toward. I guess I am a trendaholic! I like the natural colors as well, but most of those you mentioned are found in the woods!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home